KZA 0.00% 8.0¢ kazia therapeutics limited

Ann: Trading Halt, page-64

1. 183 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 86
    rroodd,

Given that KZA is a pre clinical company with no revenues, how do you suggest it raises cash to fund its activities? A capital raising is the only way. We may argue about whether a capital raising at 80c is appropriate or maybe the company should have waited until the SP was a little higher, but the fundamental need to raise capital remains unchanged. This principle applies to all pre revenue companies. I think we can all agree on this.

Further, you mention that Kazia management are "looking after themselves first with bucket loads of free options". I am sorry, although the options may be free, it costs the holder to covert the option to a share. An option gives the older the "option" but not the "obligation" to purchase a share at a strike price determined now. If you read the Explanatory Statement CAREFULLY, you would have noticed that the strike price has been determined to be at $0.8812. Therefore, management will have option to PAY $0.8812 per option it exercises and converts to a share.

Just for your benefit, the SP did dip below $0.40 last CR, but it quickly rebounded to the current SP of $0.96 (almost 100% increase) on less meaningful data than what we are expecting in the next couple of months.

I am all for informed debate here on HC, but please, half truths and misinformed comments do not belong here.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KZA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.