VOR 0.00% 39.5¢ vortiv limited

I agree.We were always told that the business was undervalued,...

1. 3,886 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 241
    I agree.

We were always told that the business was undervalued, so rather than getting the price up they took the offer.

In the normal course of business you only sell if you can get better returns elsewhere or your looking to cash out (retire etc).

I know I have banged an about it on these forums, but the lack of any growth or deal making to grow is down to the board and CEO. Selling is admission that you best take what is on offer, as that is probably the best you can get, before the others cut your lunch. Pretty balance sheets don't count for much, unless you are already large and seeking finance to leverage that balance sheet.

It is my view that the stagnation on a definitive accelerated growth plan (like others in the sector) presented a real risk to the business. This was multifaceted, as employees could be headhunted by larger corporates, key management lacked incentive to grow and lack of progression on moralel (as others around you in the sector accelerated). I come back to the old adage of pay taker vs risk taker and the continuation of what we were doing risked the wage of those in charge. We ran a high risk of trading our way to oblivion by doing the same thing over and over.

I wonder if the deal is done, whether Jeff goes with the deal. I would not be sad to see it happen.

I hope there is a forward plan for the money, as just saying we intend to buy something will not do (we have been there before). If that is the case the money should be returned to holders, as I can sure do better with it then they have.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VOR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.