TYR 2.62% 93.0¢ tyro payments limited

Maybe this will be another reason why banks continue to...

1. 97 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19
    Maybe this will be another reason why banks continue to outsource payments technology and the associated risk. These payments outages seem to happen regularly with different providers. ANZ plans to outsource to Wisetech, the same hardware provider that has been involved in this issue. Does seem strange why one subset of terminals have failed and others have not. In a way, this may help increase this trend. Fortunately, my business has not been affected. Tyro's competitive advantage seems to be in their lower transaction cost and their offer of industry-specific extra software. Any business operating in health care, like mine has a clear advantage with Tyro as they allow connection with medicare and insurers that the other providers just do not provide. I see this company as providing increased value for many businesses in health care and other areas which are quite unique. I feel for the business es that are affected by an outage and need to use Square as a workaround but think Tyro still offers the best value and product in this space. However, I do think they need to explain better what went wrong and why.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
93.0¢
Change
-0.025(2.62%)
Mkt cap ! $487.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
96.0¢ 96.0¢ 92.0¢ $960.5K 1.027M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 14210 92.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
93.0¢ 11297 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.