TYR 2.62% 93.0¢ tyro payments limited

Although I agree that these businesses should have had a...

1. 18 Posts.

Although I agree that these businesses should have had a contingency (and so should Tyro), it is still highly likely there will be compensation. Here is an example from NAB's outage back in 2018 - https://www.copyright link/technology/nabs-payments-systems-outage-cost-it-millions-in-compensation-20181116-h17ysd this was for a lot more terminals (200k) but it was only for 6.5 hours, not a week like Tyro's. Tyro have even come out and said that compensation is on the table.

Yes, cash is available but especially in these COVID times, lost sales would have occurred for some businesses.

Also notable that the issue itself will be costly to rectify. 10,000 terminals (minimum) - even just postage/logistics costs would be around $40-50 per terminal ($400k-$500k). Then when you account for 250 Amtek staff all working on the issue non-stop and over weekends, this bill would be at least another $500k-$1m (minimum).

Then you add in customer churn (may not be too large as some have mentioned, SME's will likely stick with TYR due to fees but will now have a square redundancy) as well as the loss in transaction value revenue for the period the terminals have been down. On top of that, there will likely be an independent review into the failure and their disaster recovery/business continuity plans (audit committee would be stupid not to), probably a big4 accounting firm, likely another few hundred thousand.

Intangible costs in reputation and brand image are also there but hard to quantify.

All in all a very expensive issue for them to rectify. And for a bank with annual profit levels in the billions, something like this isn't a big deal. Don't be misguided into thinking an issue of this scale isn't massive for a business this size.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
93.0¢
Change
-0.025(2.62%)
Mkt cap ! $487.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
96.0¢ 96.0¢ 92.0¢ $960.5K 1.027M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 14210 92.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
93.0¢ 11297 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.