BOT 4.94% 38.5¢ botanix pharmaceuticals ltd

In regards to Acne - I think this is what went wrong."CBD is...

1. 228 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 42
    In regards to Acne - I think this is what went wrong.

"CBD is undergoing Phase 2 clinical trials for the topical treatment of acne (NCT03573518) and atopic dermatitis (NCT03824405), based on its reported anti-inflammatory properties. Given that both skin diseases are also associated with bacterial infections, we were interested to undertake a more detailed examination of CBD’s antimicrobial properties. A key distinction of these current studies is that they are based on synthetic CBD, rather than the purified extracted CBD used in previous reports, avoiding the potential for batch-to-batch variability due to different plant sources, which may lead to distortion of results due to minor but potentially potent biologically-derived impurities. Our studies demonstrate that CBD has consistent activity against a wide range of Gram-positive bacteria, including a variety of drug-resistant strains. Intriguingly, this activity extends to a small subset of Gram-negative bacteria, including pathogens of concern such as Neisseria gonorrhoeae. Preliminary structure-activity relationship studies indicate that there is scope for improving the antibiotic properties of CBD, with further research needed to develop analogs with systemic in vivo activity."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
38.5¢
Change
-0.020(4.94%)
Mkt cap ! $698.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
40.0¢ 40.0¢ 38.0¢ $3.442M 8.886M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 26467 38.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
39.0¢ 135324 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BOT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.