MPR 7.14% 1.3¢ mpower group limited

Ann: Trading Halt, page-18

1. 1,927 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 619
    A few thoughts:

1. The company is transitioning from a pure service provider to third parties, to a business model that includes owning its own portfolio of solar farms (BOO). The focus on 5 MWac farms has significant advantages with respect to grid connection and no output reduction risk.

2. The target initial BOO portfolio size of 100 MWac (ie. 20 x 5 MWac) will be developed and built over time, with the major constraint on timing of completion being availability of capital. The quoted value of $150m for this portfolio represents the required capex of $1.5m/MWac (which is in line with figures quoted by the IIG Solar Fund).

3. Project finance debt is readily available with a likely LTV of 50% and consequently each project can be expected to generate a pre-tax equity IRR of 10% (again using the IIG Solar Fund as a benchmark).

4. Going on the above, when completed and operational, a 100 MWac portfolio can reasonably be expected to produce equity cash flows (ie. after debt financing costs) of $7.5m per annum.

5. The company also has the optionality of selling individual sites (at any stage of the construction cycle) or the entire portfolio to a third party. I observe that the recent sale of the 5 MWac Daisy Hill Solar Farm was transacted at 2.1x capital invested.

I draw no conclusions at this point in time but I do think this is an interesting play on the Australian solar energy sector. All IMO and GLTAH.
    Last edited by samstunning: 17/03/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MPR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.3¢
Change
-0.001(7.14%)
Mkt cap ! $4.468M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.3¢ 1.3¢ 1.3¢ $1.987K 152.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 346211 1.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.4¢ 107990 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.21pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MPR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.