IHL 0.00% 4.1¢ incannex healthcare limited

Ann: Trading Halt, page-33

1. 1,235 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1543
    If IHL-675a clears the safety hurdles, as I suspect it will within therapeutic dosage ranges for a number of indications, it seems it will have a very, very bright future.

Beyond the incredibly broad array of inflammatory ailments Incannex has achieved early positive results for... asthma/bronchitis/COPD, ARDS, Inflammatory Bowel Disease... there is an area that nobody is discussing yet, that may well become a MAJOR application for this drug.

Estimates place the number of covid19 infected who develop long-covid at 25%, perhaps higher. These people suffer prolonged symptoms that may last months or even years. In my case, with my first infection it took 6 months to be back to close to normal. My second infection in October kicked off a new long-covid jaunt, and it has been 5 months and I'm still sick. For many, long-covid involves on-going systemic inflammation issues. CBD is helping me, but I do think it is reasonable to hope IHL-675a may be much more effective at providing relief.

Unfortunately, this market is shaping up to be a huge one. 120 million cases worldwide, and by this time next year, that number will have probably more than doubled. That could place the number of long-covid sufferers above 50 million. This potential application for IHL-675a could be much larger than its use to treat severe cases in the early phase of infection. After all, only about 3.5% of diagnosed covid cases require hospitalisation. Compare that to up to 25% of them turning into long-covid, with on-going, potentially chronic need for anti-inflammatory support.

------------------------

https://theconversation.com/how-many-people-get-long-covid-and-who-is-most-at-risk-154331

"Another study of 100 German COVID-19 patients found that 60% had heart inflammation two to three months after initial infection. These German patients were relatively young and healthy – the average age was 49, and many had not needed hospitalization when they had COVID-19."
    Last edited by malkazoid: 12/03/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IHL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.