PDN 1.71% $13.24 paladin energy ltd

...no reason to buy yet...the creditors got their money back now...

1. 207 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 373

...no reason to buy yet...the creditors got their money back now that they have realized that the PDN business model is flawed based on the uranium market dynamics....

My view is that China's interest in Namibia/Africa is pure strategic...not going to be a customer....just look at the strategies that they have deployed with all of the other commodity player's in Africa...

The bottom line is probably: if you can buy something at a fraction from what it will cost you to produce...close it down/asset strip...hence the motivation to pay back debt via share issue....if these guys were so optimistic about the company's future/next 12/24 months...they would have waited for the share price to be double/triple what it is now to get rid of the debt/collateral...

..hence: my opinion that Namibia is in the 'middle of nowhere' from potential clients....Kazakhstan is much closer to China/India....and is Canada much closer for US utilities....the rest of the demand is deemed noise.... both locations can also produce uranium for much lower than these guys...like 20%-50%....

...so strategically...a high cost producer in Namib is not needed post Kazatomprom & Canadian Uranium development these last 15 years...well not if you look at the demand/supply ratio for the next 10 years post all of the new demand....and then we don't even talk about all of the 100 of millions of tons of secondary supply still in the system post 2011 Fukishima disaster...

....PDN had a nice run from 5c these last 12 months.... and yes this may go up...or down in the short term...who knows... but at the current EV forward with a flawed business model/ZERO customers in the next 5 years....$80M of cash to start operation and zero visibility on future positive cashflow....it is way overpriced...

.I personally will wait for ~5c again, before considering a speculative trade again...to much risk above 10c at this stage....well for me....

...and again...just my two cents....

Last edited by PrincessKate: 19/03/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.24
Change
-0.230(1.71%)
Mkt cap ! $3.951B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.66 $13.70 $13.24 $115.9M 8.727M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 60263 $13.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.29 42663 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.