SO4 0.00% 31.0¢ salt lake potash limited

I sold out when they did the last capital raise which was not...

1. 11 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    I sold out when they did the last capital raise which was not offered to all shareholders (thankfully), I suspected that was the beginning of the end & at least I came out almost even.
    I do recall RWD's former CEO saying that producing potash from brine operations was "deceptively simple" - obviously meaning that they're anything but simple.
    The reality is SO4 has not only over promised and woefully under-delivered, but I don't think that at any point they actually understood the chemistry and its complexity.
    At RWD's AGM Cochran also suggested that this plant will never reach nameplate because almost 30% of that rate is based on the assumption that they're going to import MOP & convert it to SOP. (APC is also guilty of making that claim.) That would be costly & it would more than triple WA's MOP imports (from the current ~40,000 tpa to about 120,000 tpa). Also, the current imports are shared between 4 WA ports, but SO4 & APC reckon they're going to import it all through Geraldton... its amazing that the due diligence by the financiers funding both companies did not identify this issue. Remember, large parts of the project finance for both companies comes from tax-payers money (NAIF & the Clean Energy Fund).
    I've heard that SO4 have already taken delivery of the first batch of MOP, but cannot use it yet.
    Could this mean that there'll be no more NAIF funding in future for these projects?
    Interesting to compare the different CEO styles - one urging caution & almost talking the industry down & the other throwing caution to the wind & claiming that his company will be producing 1 Mtpa from multiple sites.
    Got to learn to walk before one can run I guess...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SO4 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.