FFX 0.00% 20.0¢ firefinch limited

Agree RedBaron, some ridiculous speculation..... but it is still...

1. 995 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 956
    Agree RedBaron, some ridiculous speculation..... but it is still amusing to read posters thoughts.

It is a TH - formalisation of the deal has been delayed, again, past the date specified. That is the only reason a TH is required unless there is a major fundamental change to the proposed deal.  Talk about receiving the $39M doesn't;t make sense, as it was never due to be paid until Dec qtr.

Further, if holders have ever been in deals involving the Chinese - they never, ever get the paperwork done on time.  Hope to be proved wrong, but I am 99% sure the deal will be delayed, and it won't just be a day or two - guessing up to 4 weeks.

Just ask Doc C about his history with Altona Mining, he has a torrid history with the Chinese  and getting JV deals stitched up. In 2015 he spent 12 mths putting together a deal for $300M between Altona and SRIG, which then became $270M which then a further 12 mths later became no deal.  It was an epic balls up and prevented a potentially great copper mine being built at Mt Isa.

I'd like to think the good Doc C, has learnt his lesson and is playing his cards tight.  

It might not be the most positive TH imo, but they will try and put something positive into the release, maybe as RedBaron has said, they might suggest demerger timelines, however if they have just missed this date, Management might be too shy to set date expectations again.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.