FFX 0.00% 20.0¢ firefinch limited

Ann: Trading Halt, page-81

1. 9,079 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8441
    While every other lithium company took off 6-8 weeks ago, we didn't until a week and a half ago. Something was very different about us.

IMHO a lot of the 'lithium boom' over the last 6-8 weeks was due to the new IPCC report getting leaked to close 'investor/friends' of governments around the world. The fact of governments signing off on the science was all the info needed, meaning govts will make spending promises on EVs etc, so get into lithium before the public.

I expect a lot of noise about changes coming from govts in the next couple of months, before the Glasgow Climate Summit, so they can all say 'look at how we are being good citizens' etc etc.

Because we did not partake in the early rally, my take was the market didn't fully believe the Ganfeng deal. The market was behaving like it was just an option for Ganfeng, perhaps another promise/contract they would just break, like they did with offtakes from PLS and AJM.

Something changed a week and a half ago, with sudden increased buying, with Firefinch joining the boom. I suspect a lot of the buying came from China, or Chinese contacts knowing the deal was going ahead and that Firefinch was very cheap. It will certainly give 'China' a greater control of the overall project if there are a lot of Chinese holders of Newco..

The buying is what gives me confidence that the current TH is nothing more than getting the documentation sorted and signed. I also wouldn't be surprised if took longer than Tuesday, but the final result should be clearer indications on timing, maybe BOD of Newco, more direction on it.

I'm expecting just more BAU, which by itself should see our SP be re-rated, as has just started to happen. Closing near the recent high, on a big increase in relative volume and price over the last week and a half just about always turns out to be positive for a stock, providing the overall market continues to play ball...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.