VAN 0.00% 4.7¢ vango mining limited

Shephard my take is as follows: Do most trading halts mean price...

1. 1,442 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 434

Shephard my take is as follows:

Do most trading halts mean price sensitive information? No, however when either positive or negative news is material enough to affect buyers/sellers’ decision-making objectives as to likely affect the price up or down (significantly) then the TH is deemed price sensitive. All TH’s must be approved as necessary by ASX. Also ASX is the final authority on who determines whether a release or TH is marked ‘price sensitive’ .

Why do most companies hold off on the release of information straight away? They usually hold off until all data is compiled, confirmed, and signed off (in this case the mining industry) by independent geologists and Directors need to signoff. Trading Halts are designed to ensure that all participates in the market are fully informed not just for a few who may hear of ‘leaks’ ahead of all other shareholders. The Directors may suffer severe penalties and/or criminal charges if ‘insider trading’ behaviour is apparent regardless of it being inadvertent or deliberate.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VAN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.