SLX 0.19% $5.17 silex systems limited

Ann: Trading Halt, page-31

1. 467 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 61
    Just my take on previous comments, I believe Silex is similar to mining companies. R and D is similar to drilling holes then once the resource (technology) is proven you need money to build what is going to make you money. Silex needs the money to build the money making item not drill holes. (carry out R and D).

And on sophisticated investors, a lot on here are probably similar to me, I thought sophisticated investor is a term for institutional investors with deep pockets. I found out the hard way when I invested in a small company as a sophisticated investor (and wondered how I was considered such).

The term sophisticated investor is a legal term meaning you have done the research, know the risks and having considered those risks and are still investing.(and probably doesn't take advice from hotcopper forums!!!) So the sophisticated investor has no come back if, say Silex cannot scale up its technology. They will have done their money.

All companies will call for sophisticated investors to avoid potential legal cases. Of course this doesn't protect the company from blatantly lying though.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.17
Change
-0.010(0.19%)
Mkt cap ! $1.224B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.18 $5.20 $5.10 $1.179M 229.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1277 $5.13

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.17 1821 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.