TNT 0.00% 13.0¢ tesserent limited

I think it's close to enough to a 100% chance. I didn't even...

1. 5,368 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2099
    I think it's close to enough to a 100% chance. I didn't even consider that this may not be the case when I read the announcement this morning.

If that was the entire size of the acquisition, I don't think they'd have bothered with a CR at all. For them to be doing this, it must be a big one, and I'm very confident they wouldn't be making such a big move if it wasn't a good one. They've been quite conservative with their acquisitions, always sticking to their guidelines such as making exclusively EPS positive acquisitions, and they've clearly backed out of some deals since over the last year they've hinted that they had some in final stages but we never ended up seeing anything happen in the implied timeframes.

Being the big fish in the cybersecurity industry is very important, and it's excellent that we're doing something which will significantly help us in that way.

Management likely looked at this as a case of it not being entirely necessary to carry out a retail CR, but giving shareholders the opportunity to take up the opportunity if they wish, before the price takes off, so that shareholders can't accuse management of giving this great deal to others without offering them a slice of the pie.

A big deal like this will attract more exposure to our company, which given how undervalued we are is going to attract buyers which will help us get closer to fair value. I may do a bit of pip trading here and there (I actually sold over 10% of my TNT holding yesterday to fund a trading parcel in another company, great timing to be honest! You probably wouldn't have been holding TNT as a short term pip trade this week anyway), but for the most part I'm a long term holder with a long term view and if there's a deal which helps our big picture, long term outlook, I'm all for it. If you're only looking at the next few days or weeks, I suppose this is unfortunate for you, but these are the risks you take as a day trader.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TNT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.