RAC 2.88% $1.69 race oncology ltd

Ann: Trading Halt, page-131

1. 4,443 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1829
    Been through a few biotech and tech lifecycles now. What kills most companies is lack of funds to realise the inherent potential. You have to juggle three things:
    1. Money in the bank
    2. Agenda for progressing to market
    3. Buyout timing

I've seen big pharma drag out proceedings with company's lacking the money just to put them into weak negotiating positions. The deal always falls short of potential when the target is weak and unable to defend.

When you have a breakthrough, you need to prosecute with ruthless intent, as fast a possible. That takes #1. We have 3 streams, maybe 4 now with cardiac protection, and we need to move all down the path concurrently and efficiently.

The key question on every investor's lips, big and small, how big a risk is the investment? Again that comes down to how much money to sustain the acquisition process, how likely to succeed as proven by knocking over the key milestones and also how much the aquisition timing is actually in your control.

If funding allows the path to product to be substantially derisked, or add more strings to the capability of the drug, then I cant see how this SPP is anything but positive for RAC holders. If you also have funds to defend the buyout process on top of that you are in the best possible negotiating position you can be.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.69
Change
-0.050(2.88%)
Mkt cap ! $287.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.71 $1.71 $1.64 $95.18K 56.84K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 4204 $1.68

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.70 1700 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.47pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RAC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.