IDT 0.00% 11.0¢ idt australia limited

The vaccine being developed by Monash/Doherty and manufactured...

1. 90 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 67
    The vaccine being developed by Monash/Doherty and manufactured by IDT is only for phase 1/2 trials, which will look at safety and immunogenicity (ie antibody levels in the blood). No matter how good the immunogenicity results look like, this doesn't tell us about the efficacy of the vaccine, which need large-scale real-world trials (phase 3, around 30,000 people, ideally unvaccinated, so in a country where vaccine rates are still low).

They would need to find a big pharmaceutical company to partner with them to do these sorts of trials, as universities and academic insitutions don't have the money to organise and run these.

So I would be very doubtful that results will be available before the end of 2022, and that this vaccine will be able to compete with any existing ones for at least a few years, sadly.

So while IDT could possibly be contracted to produce vaccine for the phase 3 trial, I highly doubt they will be doing any commercial manufacture of covid mRNA vaccine now for the next few years, unfortunately.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IDT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $38.66M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.0¢ 11.0¢ 10.5¢ $11.44K 104.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 519 11.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.5¢ 149865 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IDT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.