IDT 2.17% 11.8¢ idt australia limited

So in the spirit of unnecessary overanalysis, the wording of the...

1. 544 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 108
    So in the spirit of unnecessary overanalysis, the wording of the IDT Trading Halt announcement is very interesting:

"The Company requests the trading halt in order to consider its response to a forthcoming public announcement by the Australian Government in relation to its Approach to Market: proposals to establish an onshore mRNA manufacturing capability; and Australia’s mRNA translation and manufacturing ecosystem more generally, which the Company is not in a position to announce to the market at present."

My thoughts:

1. It seems very unlikely that IDT would go into a trading halt if their "response to a forthcoming announcement" is "we are sad that we're not involved. Stuff you guys". So to me, this indicates something to consider. This could be "Would you like a small piece of fill and finish work?" "Would you like to sell your facility to Moderna?" "Would you like X amount of funding to do Y"? And it seems to me that they'd need to consider this, rather than saying in the trading halt "We're going to announce a partnership", if they're considering it, it means they might not do it, so they haven't given any details while they're just working things out.

2. The second part is a mystery to me and if anyone has some idea I'd love to hear it. "Australia’s mRNA translation and manufacturing ecosystem more generally, which the Company is not in a position to announce to the market at present." What on earth does this mean? To me all I can gather is that it means more than nothing, which I see as a good thing.

What a mystery!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IDT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.8¢
Change
0.003(2.17%)
Mkt cap ! $50.50M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.0¢ 12.0¢ 11.8¢ $3.122K 26.01K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 360500 11.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.0¢ 130253 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.42pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IDT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.