IDT 8.00% 11.5¢ idt australia limited

Ann: Trading Halt, page-98

1. 6,209 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1227
    So where does all this leave us if the Monash/Doherty/IDT vaccine proves successful ( and maybe even superior to other mRNA vaccines as has been postulated by some) in the forthcoming clinical trials?. A successful trial outcome cannot be ignored by the government. And particularly so if it proves to be a superior product. Surely the trial success would have to be accommodated somehow into Australia's vaccine manufacturing capabilities and commercialization. My impression is we will have an answer to the efficacy of the Monash vaccine before the end of 2022. Something would have to give in that case because Moderna is indicating local manufacture of its vaccine will not be until 2024 or so. I guess IDT could go into commercial production (likely with a sizeable jv pharma) to supply our domestic needs from 2022 onwards and Moderna in 2024 can eventually export to the Asia Pac region. The government can't stop that in favour of Moderna as a sole supplier as that would be trade restrictive, not to mention the ethics. In essence, what I am saying is that, to an extent, IDT's position may not have materially changed that much with the Moderna announcement. Whatever has transpired, IDT was/is reliant on their ( Monash) vaccine proving successful and if that is hopefully the outcome, they will be still very much "in the game"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IDT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.