DEL 4.88% 3.9¢ delorean corporation limited

I agree with you, mate. It feels like it must be somewhat...

1. 390 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 597
    I agree with you, mate. It feels like it must be somewhat related to our major announcement a couple of days ago simply due to the timing. But why the need for a trading halt? Possibly a grant, which was conditional on financing, or something major like another domino falling into place as suggested by another poster here.

A bit of a mystery really. I can see DEL getting taken-over 5 years from now for X dollars per share if/when the Australia-wide pipeline is a physical, tangible reality, with recurring income from multiple sites. But it's so early at this stage, and I can't see the directors (with 50% of the shares outstanding) selling. No way. They'd simply refuse to sell as they believe this company has the potential and pipeline to be worth a lot more later this decade.

Hamish has very briefly hinted in earlier interviews about acquisitions. I don't know what we could possibly be acquiring. Richgro? An offtake agreement for digestate? A chain of garden centres??!! I suspect there's a number of unlisted, small renewable energy companies that have never came across my radar. If you look at who is 'liking' Delorean's posts on LinkedIn and who they work for, a world of unheard of, local companies emerge in the space. I'm just speculating. I have no idea. I can't even imagine what would compliment our current operations as everything is done in-house. Hopefully the announcement will be a pleasant surprise as SPI futures are looking good for Monday's overall market too.

I've long suspected Joe is the conservative engineer, and Hamish is a car salesman type, with big plans and prone to exaggeration. Despite that, if you go back through old interviews from 9-12 months ago almost everything Hamish has said has ultimately proven to be right. It's just his timeline which has been way off though. Mistakes, and excuses have been made. It does feel like a lost 9 months. And I'm convinced we've been misled on SA1 and VIC1 being "in construction" when in fact construction hasn't started.

First it was the Queensland government, now Dan Andrews has announced a massive net zero goal in the past couple of days. The speed of what is proposed, the cost, and the scale is truly staggering. I personally think it's insane, and wokeness gone mad. However the opportunities emerging for renewable energy projects are enormous. We're the only/biggest company in this sector and, as Hamish has mentioned, we have a multiple year head start. I can't get enough of Hamish's "hard to abate, hungry gas users" catchphrase. I love it! This whole lithium (I have never held a lithium stock) and renewable energy sector feels like the late 1990s with the dawn of the internet. Huge amounts of money to be made (and lost!).

As long as DEL is financially viable; and kicking goals regarding gas licences, plant FIDs, successful completions, and no-BS spin, actual finance agreements / grants, time is on its investors' side. Bioenergy plants aren't even on the general public's radar, but you can bet many companies -- like Brickworks -- have already seen what we've done in Bordertown and NZ, and are wondering "why aren't we also looking at this option for our business"?.

To put things into perspective... At 6 cents per share DEL was a speculative buy. At 11 cents (and providing Monday's news isn't negative) we're 50% down on our money from earlier in the year. But financing is now in place, the two EPC projects are completed, and VIC and QLD are throwing the proverbial kitchen sink at decarbonisation. And there's a Labor federal government with climate zealot Chris Bowen in charge. I'm feeling a lot happier about my investment in DEL today than I was a week ago.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.9¢
Change
-0.002(4.88%)
Mkt cap ! $8.413M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.3¢ 4.3¢ 3.5¢ $11.59K 309.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 189926 3.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.0¢ 44507 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.0¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 2.44 %)
Open High Low Volume
3.9¢ 4.0¢ 3.9¢ 71145
Last updated 13.45pm 17/06/2024 ?
DEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.