DEL 5.88% 3.6¢ delorean corporation limited

According to Hamish in the video presentation Delorean "chose...

1. 392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 601
    According to Hamish in the video presentation Delorean "chose Palisade to partner with us". C'mon Hamish....C'mon mate.... Obviously, after 15 months, getting finance was a close run thing, whereby options were quickly dwindling as time and interest rates progressed. Now there's talk about SA1 and VIC1 requiring FID (obviously just a rubber stamp 'yes' at this point, so no drama) before it begins. FID???? What have we been doing for the past couple of years?! I thought both projects were already past the FID stage and in the 'construction phase', and only NSW1 and QLD1 were pending FID. I heard Hamish say they're "shovel ready". Whatever that means! And in a very early DEL video I recall Hamish
    mentioning to an interviewer about DEL's 'proprietory intellectual property'; implying patents had been applied for. He then struggled to elaborate further and the interviewer didn't press the point. Hamish has been talking in interviews for months -- even last year -- about the 'plants we've built for others all over Australia, plus NZ' when in fact only 1 was completed (years ago; in Perth) and only two others were under construction and behind schedule. I've picked up on many such questionable statements.

He's a master at putting a good spin on things. Which is a shame, because there's a great story here that doesn't need to be finessed or embellished, and it makes me uncomfortable as an investor. That's the transparency and communication aspect. Although I very much enjoy his presentations. He knows his stuff, and clearly works super hard to benefit the company and shareholders.

I bought a small initial stake last year. Very small. And whenever positive milestones are achieved by the company I simply buy more. The 6 cent low was tempting / speculative, but I'm looking for signs of progress, not share price capitulation, to add to my holding. I'd like for DEL to become a core portfolio holding. I certainly don't plan on holding hundreds of thousands of shares now, all based on promises. I would love to be buying more at 50¢, $1.00, $2.00 over the next few years. It's probably why I've been so fanatical and making such a nuisance of myself here on HC. If I didn't have high hopes for Delorean long term, I wouldn't waste my time.

We can likely sell the gas as '100% green' at a premium too. That's something I hadn't considered in addition to the gate fees, gas sales, carbon credits, and organic fertiliser.

You are correct about Planum. We've already paid them a hefty fee. I'm not sure if they're like a mortgage broker or if they provide invaluable services beyond simply ringing around to private equity firms (as a middleman) and offering deals on behalf of clients. It's probably my naivety, and lack of understanding showing here. Whatever the case, they've delivered for us.

The share price has halved from my initial purchase. However the company is worth a lot more today with financing approved, and with the seemingly neverending BLM and NZ projects completed. If I was prepared to buy at 21¢ I'd surely be prepared to buy at 11¢ given the recent announcements. As we've seen, movement can be rapid in either direction.

I saw the dropping of coverage from Morgans yesterday. It was from before our finance was approved. Pretty weak, in my opinion. Good riddance to them and Regal. These organisations are shameless, and chop and change like the wind. Their price targets are meaningless. One day they're giving you their bull case, the next day it's their bear case. I wouldn't be surprised to see Morgans back next week with a 50 cent (or a 5 cent) target. I don't know why they bothered to cover such a small stock in the first place.

I wonder what Hamish and Joe will do now they're being diluted with the Palisade shares? Will they buy more on market to keep their 25% and 25%?

Excellent point regarding AGIG or Brickworks possibly offering a ridiculous amount for part equity now that both projects are definitely going ahead. I hadn't thought of that possibility. Having read the 700 odd pages of application for SA1 I have some (very) small idea of the work required to obtain the necessary government approvals for these sites. That, and the knowledge required to prepare and submit such an application -- plus the difficulty to finance the project and have the employees with the skills to build them -- it starts to look like a smallish moat. With both approvals and financing in place, we start to have the upper hand should such an offer emerge. It would need to be a very, very good offer!

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4772/4772041-c45d4820f39cf8b221ec17baffa6700b.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.6¢
Change
0.002(5.88%)
Mkt cap ! $7.765M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.4¢ 3.6¢ 3.2¢ $4.901K 140.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 749 3.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.7¢ 200000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.21pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.