CYM 8.82% 3.1¢ cyprium metals limited

Ann: Trading Halt, page-183

1. 192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 94
    There is a short clip on you tube with the legendary investor Peter Lynch titled “ I love volatility”. People whining about what’s happened with CYM should go take a look. The share market has had a rough ride over the past 12 months, CYM has taken longer to raise the required funds than people anticipated (including management) and this has caused substantial volatility in the share price. Those taking a longer term view have had the opportunity to accumulate shares during this time at unbelievably cheap prices.
    People have been pretty harsh in criticising management. I do agree they were over optimistic about the time frame for raising capital though I also recognise that expectations over geopolitical and macroeconomic outcomes has been a moving target and it’s not easy for a small company to raise finance in a risk off environment. I do think that they spent too much on preparation prior to completing financing - I’ve been pretty nervous over the last few months about low cash on hand. However I also think that having the site “ready to go” makes for a better sales pitch to prospective bond holders.
    I remember when people were complaining how the capital raising 6 months ago treated current shareholders harshly. I utilised the share volatility to pick up much more than my share on market at prices lower than the price of the raise. The current capital raising by the looks of it will introduce listed share options which may give rise to some fantastic opportunities if there is share price weakness. Interesting times ahead.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CYM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.1¢
Change
-0.003(8.82%)
Mkt cap ! $47.30M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.5¢ 3.6¢ 3.1¢ $75.42K 2.231M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 505993 3.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.4¢ 1000000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CYM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.