ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 5,204 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5248
    I disagree. Galan didn't pump the share price, the market did. Galan released a photo of several brokers visiting HMW the same day as the AKE news broke, whilst the market euphorically bid all the Argentinian projects up 20%. Some people hyped it a bit more i.e. "bankers visiting, we're getting bought too" etc, but anyone following the company should know what this meant: cap raise. They're down to around A$37M cash and, presuming they get the expanded pilot plant permit, are facing a capex bill of between US$40-50M (never mind what they need for working capital). That is why the share price has probably gone sideways - who is going to bid this up, knowing it needed more money?

So all in all, I think it's actually a good move here. Raising into recent 20% strength is the way to do a cap raise. And for those who wanted them to release the DFS and then raise thereafter... that's working on a big assumption that the DFS will surprise to the upside. What if it doesn't? Raising into a wall of selling would be terrible.

I think they've played it the best way they can, all things considered.
    Last edited by mondyinvest: 18/05/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GLN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.