GLN 9.09% 12.0¢ galan lithium limited

Ann: Trading Halt, page-37

1. 848 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2990
    My gut feel is given there is quite a bit of natural downside pressure in this week of the year with tax loss selling going on, requesting a Trading Halt is the correct thing to do. Because if someone did have access to this information and could trade on it, and it did reverse what otherwise would be downside pressure we might see this week as people choose to sell of loss making positions, then it might not take much for the share to rally a few cents, hence someone profiting by it.

In the whole scheme of things, I couldn't see anyone making a motza out of having early inside access to this information ( because I will be surprised if much comes out of it that really moves the needle given its the economics essentially of a pilot plant) but definitely the potential is there for it to be price sensitive as ASX/ASIC define that bar so low, so in my view they have done the right thing if the announcement is still a couple of days away but by now quite a few insiders have had access to its content.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GLN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.