STA 0.00% 9.5¢ strandline resources limited

Ann: Trading Halt, page-94

1. 222 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 101

I am above all a realist. Admittedly an eternal optimist, but don't let that get in the way of being realistic. Find the concrete and build from there. It is how you make big things happen. I am not going to do a 3 screen analysis of it, but this is what STA have been doing. So a pragmatic assessment of that is exactly that. Could I pick the execution faults and be scathing in criticism? Of course, and the same with most human endeavours. How you deal with it is for the adults to sort out, and they will.

Re me being part of the answer, it could be a smart move by STA, but I haven't had a ph call so won't be in their next phase 'fixes' planning! I will visit again in the coming months and have a chat about future opportunities, but it could be they are going to be locked in by past decisions.

Re that buy while others are fearful thing, your amusement is around price action not fundamentals. We did not know why the action was happening but we did know that we didn't know 'something' important as there was not a sufficient match between action and info. Fools territory, and retail sucker action abounds; not the same thing. Now I maintain this mindset is valid because we do know, and cheap-shots about it are unreasonable. So what we do is make an assessment of the CR as to its fit-for-purposeness to deal with the then-advised failings and can make a decision about veracity, consider price action and act accordingly. The herd may go "well they stuffed up the commissioning and they'll do it again, we don't believe you" and bail out more as soon as they get the chance, = better op. Or maybe we will all be super impressed with pa and it is just a case of grabbing it early...

However, any lt investor knows we may see a euphoric lift with "thank goodness they sorted it", then a pull-back to actual value while the thing happens and gets delivered on, before finally moving to a mc that reflects true intrinsic value. Tricky pa to live through, but that is the task here...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.