SPT 0.00% 7.5¢ splitit payments ltd

Interesting reading everyone's opinions. I try and take an...

1. 100 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    Interesting reading everyone's opinions. I try and take an objective approach but maybe I've been sucked into the SPT emotional vortex Thanks to all that have provided both pros and cons.

I have over the years gone to the webinars and heard statements like:

"We have hit an inflection point"
    "Green shoots are appearing"
    "Student sector is the next big revenue source"
    "We are leaning into instore sales ( We have released splitit plus and splitit instore) "
    The list goes on and yet the MSV has barely moved. Most of the promises that were given under Brad's direction have not really come fruition and unfortunately he did not leave much cash in the kitty for Nandan to play with. So I understand people's ( myself included ) frustration and mistrust in what management has said publicly.

It is also disheartening to see merchants or partnerships come online, we get a shot of euphoria then 6 months to a year later nothing eventuates....I'm in sales and the unfortunate part in sales some partnerships work out and are fruitful and some drop off for whatever reason, sales take time ( in the matter of months to years ), some land quickly on your lap like a stripper and others take time. The company does not have much cash which puts the pressure on and creates anxiety in shareholders.

Having said that and this is where my split personality kicks in...The Visa partnership seems to be a big deal ( but probably not understood by many including me) , Ingenico is another big revenue potential, Google is at a point where once the company has their funds in order will go live, Aliexpress is expanding quickly and a few other large merchants probably ready to sign but are like google, waiting for SPT to have financial stability. There are also other businesses who have been using SPT for years such as canyon bikes and virgin pure. The value proposition for SPT is there and validated by these large companies so that for me provides confidence that the product can be commercially sold and serves a purpose. For me there are a lot of great things happening here that can't be ignored and which leads me to being more bullish on SPT.

Good to hear there is a "constant stream of interest" to purchase the company as per Nandan's interview. One would think with all the patients, technology development, and pending merchant sign ups would account for a bit good will if someone wanted to make an offer. I don't know how one evaluates that though.

Good Luck out there!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.