BCB 0.00% 5.4¢ bowen coking coal limited

Good comments @hightrax, agree with all of that. Yes, there's...

1. 4,839 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4927
    Good comments @hightrax, agree with all of that. Yes, there's good explanations for why the costs of production have been so high, but my point was less about the 'why' and more that due to the phase Bowen are in they are likely to continue to be elevated. One of the things @Rollsroyce13 is referring to in an earlier post is a disagreement back in July where another user was unhappy with my opinion that production costs would be an ongoing struggle and would likely not improve quickly, as has indeed occurred. There will be specific reasons, such as those you've mentioned, but also wider-industry pressures. Just about every miner I follow has been struggling with labour/diesel/material costs etc (in fact the capital raise presentation says exactly this at the top of slide 13). Bowen now have the challenge of ramping down one site and ramping up yet another new one, so as you point out they're going to incur a lot of expense upfront i.e. overburden etc. To your last point, I am surprised they have not disclosed the costs incurred for putting Bluff on C&M, although they state in the quarterly they are "not expected to be significant". That said, the mining at Bluff doesn't actually cease until end of November so the demobilisation costs will likely be felt in this current quarter, which again suggests to me another cashflow-negative result from operations for Oct-Dec.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BCB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $153.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.4¢ 5.7¢ 5.3¢ $78.20K 1.413M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 43122 5.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.6¢ 173880 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.4¢
  Change
0.000 ( 1.69 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.4¢ 5.7¢ 5.3¢ 166623
Last updated 15.58pm 10/05/2024 ?
BCB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.