RWD 0.00% 5.9¢ reward minerals ltd

what ever the aquisition folks, it was probably on the open...

1. 588 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 187
    what ever the aquisition folks, it was probably on the open market available to anyone to take up prior to rwd's signature going on the dotted line, so why should any aquisition have an effect on sp or market cap greater than the aquisition cost, and why get excited?

ganymedeowner remembers amn's aborted attempt to buy kll...aborted maybe because amn realized that they were in no better a position than anyone else to turn kalium lakes into a profit, since their own process was yet unproven?

if you pay 1 million dollars for a project you are only turning one asset the company has (cash or borrowing power), into a material asset...however if you are in the unique position of being the only company with the ability to turn that project into a profit (worth more than the aquisition cost), then and only then, the aquisition should add to shareholder value...but shareholders still go ape despite this logic.

maybe rwd are, with their new process, in a unique position to turn kll into a profit, and will take a vote of confidence in their own process? if they were to buy kalium lakes it would show investers that financiers and rwd management are on the same page (and probably know more than we do). i've got no idea what kalium lakes would sell for, but the buyer would have to turn it around very quickly or the interest on the loan would be a killer, and probably need an offtake partner to share the burden.

but for too long now rwd have had all their eggs in one basket (two eggs, (a) the resource and (b) the process).
    so i hope the aquisition is gold.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RWD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $13.44M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.9¢ 5.9¢ 5.8¢ $3.305K 56.17K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 5.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.2¢ 91525 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.55pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RWD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.