S2R 0.00% 8.8¢ s2 resources ltd

Ann: Trading Halt, page-15

1. 505 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 240
    ASX Announcement 5th October 2023 - GREATER FOSTERVILLE EXPLORATION LICENCE GRANTED

The overall purpose of this initial diamond drilling is to locate the down plunge extension of selected stratigraphic and structural targets previously identified in drilling undertaken by Kirkland Lake prior to the statutory relinquishment of the ground. More specifically, the intended outcome is to define the overall stratigraphic and structural architecture as a vector to guide more targeted follow up drilling. Full details of this drilling program will be disclosed in the next announcement.

ASX Announcement 30 October 2023 - DRILLING UNDERWAY AT GREATER FOSTERVILLE

Whilst the definition of gold mineralisation is a desired outcome of this drilling, the bigger picture objective is to betterdefine the structural and stratigraphic architecture of the Goornong South trend, to define vectors to positions where otherwise insignificant structures have the potential to host significant mineralisation. An important focus for S2 is to gain an understanding of the area’s overall potential for a large gold deposit without getting drawn into close spaced drilling of targets that may never deliver sufficient tonnages to be economic, and the planned drill holes are spaced accordingly.

* Article 1st December 2023 - Can legendary mine finder Mark Bennett hit the jackpot next to Australia’s most profitable gold mine?

Now that it is granted, there’s little doubt that high grade gold straight off the bat would be a nice bonus. But the structural information Sirius will glean from the 5600m, 10 hole diamond drilling campaign seems to excite its geos more.

“We’ve got to be disciplined, finding the ballpark before looking for the ball,” Bennett said.

“The swan zone is a sort of relatively small sub zone of everything that’s at Fosterville. And you need to find those broader mineralised zones, these sort of south plunging zones first, before you drill within them and find the ultra sweet spot, like a Swan Zone.

“So what we’re trying to do with this drilling is basically find the ballpark.

“We’ve got some ideas, we’ve got a head start from the drilling that’s previously been done. So basically, we’re just trying to put together where we think the anticlines are, and you want to be in one of those, and where the faults are.

“And we might hit a fault outside of an anticline, it might be an insignificant thing. But knowing what it is, you can then sort of track it into the anticline, which is where it’ll become much better.

“So it’s a systematic hole by hole, putting together the jigsaw.”
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be lying if I say I didn't hope that we hit a bullseye straight up. Saying that, it's fair to say that company has been very consistent in informing the market about the main objective of the initial drilling program. I think it's a very good time to raise additional funds in what I hope will be an ongoing drilling campaign that will take us past February 2024 and well into 2024 with additional rig/s to come once they hone onto broader mineralized zones.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add S2R (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $39.85M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.6¢ 9.0¢ 8.0¢ $57.43K 668.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 58714 8.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.0¢ 6112 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.28pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
S2R (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.