NEU 2.71% $19.70 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

Like you, I am optimistic. As you are probably aware, the ASX...

1. 274 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 165
    Like you, I am optimistic.

As you are probably aware, the ASX often asks a company questions in the background about trading in its securities. The existence of these questions is not made public until later, if at all.

A question that is often asked when there is a significant move in the SP, up or down, takes the standard form:

"1. Is XXX aware of any information concerning it that has not been announced to the market which, if known by some in the market, could explain the recent trading in its securities?"

The company is then asked whether, if the answer is yes, an immediate announcement can be made and told that if not, a trading halt should be requested until it can.

Note that the answer can be "yes" without there being any actual leak, so objections that NEU is not a "leaky ship" are beside the point. The actual reason for the spike in the SP may be that the market has entered one of its occasional, self-perpetuating flights of wild-eyed optimism about something. But if the company is aware of strongly positive results from the PMS phase 2 (or anything else) that could, if it were known, explain the price rise, it will still have to answer "yes" to that question, however certain it is that there has been no breach in security. (And how could it ever be really sure, anyway?)

I think this has quite possibly been what happened following the trading earlier in the week. And if the company knows something that has not yet been announced to the market that could explain a sudden rise in price, then obviously that can't be negative information.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$19.70
Change
0.520(2.71%)
Mkt cap ! $2.515B
Open High Low Value Volume
$19.39 $19.84 $19.28 $5.675M 288.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 1531 $19.66

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$19.81 557 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$19.70
  Change
0.520 ( 2.59 %)
Open High Low Volume
$19.50 $19.84 $19.28 87628
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.