STX 2.33% 21.0¢ strike energy limited

Ann: Trading Halt, page-227

1. 4,784 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2234
    If the well was a complete duster they would know that from the wireline logs .
    That information is known by a few people on the rig and it would be likely it would leak out .
    From the log interpreted net pay lengths and porosities it looks similar to the first well that flowed well .
    The permeability is the big attribute along with pay length and well bore pressure that control flow rate .
    In the same rocks the permeability is generally link to porosity in a non linear way , higher the porosity the higher the permeability plus plenty .
    So from the log results there is almost certainly to be a decent flare and the flow rate should be something like the first well .
    Problems can develop from damage from the drilling fluid to near bore permeability .
    Often if a flow test disappoints that gets the blame .

These deep sands were not expected to have good porosity and permeability before the recent drilling in the basin but a process that has preserved those attributes that I confess I don't fully understand has resulted in these magnificent deep reservoirs .Hope that natural phenomena has occurred over all the structure .
    Only a long term flow test will determine how big this compartment of the structure is .

No guarantee because nature can be fickle but on the information from the logs i would be very surprised if the flow test is not another good one .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.33%)
Mkt cap ! $600.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.5¢ 21.5¢ 21.0¢ $797.3K 3.776M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
51 2950609 21.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.5¢ 770806 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.