LKE 11.4% 7.8¢ lake resources n.l.

Ann: Trading Halt, page-66

1. 1,438 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 358
    Another capital raise (CR) is underway. With most struggling stocks issuing CR, the stock price in the ensuring month often significantly falls below the CR. So, if there is a CR at 8 cents, will there be fallout to 6 cents or 5 cents? The core issue remains, even if we could disregard the engineering challenges associated with an unproven commercial Direct Lithium Extraction (DLE) process, including water and power requirements, the fundamental obstacle is the current market price of lithium carbonate at $US15k. Even a doubling in price would leave the project unviable and uninvestable.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6019/6019485-355e6420b472bc20c67fbb26591b329e.jpg

Management is aware of this reality, as are we all. Therefore, LKE must either find an investor with substantial financial resources or suspend operations until market conditions change and the path to profitable commercialization becomes clear.

Whilst I never held the stock, unfortunately the statements made 24 months or so ago had me believing in the viability of the project. We all got lied too.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LKE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.