KIN 1.79% 5.7¢ kin mining nl

The Lawlers plant had two different milling circuits. Crusher...

1. 28 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    The Lawlers plant had two different milling circuits. Crusher fed two FOBS (Fine Ore Bins) depending on the ore type. One of the ball mills was sold to BCN along with tanks etc.
    Can't remember the size of the one that they trucked to Cardinia but it was small, 400k tpa sounds about right.
    All the crushers were hauled down to Cardinia.

The plan changed when they decided to up the size of everything to match their "you beaut" big mill from the boneyard at Murrin Murrin. I still believe that bigger mill will only be useful as scrap. I heard that the ring gear is damaged/pitted. Whether that is true or not I don't know, but sitting outside will not have been good for it. Trucking it to the NT will be an expensive hobby as it weighs a lot. There was a big fanfare when it arrived on a platform at Cardinia, so I'm guessing somewhere around 100 tonnes. That would have to go up to the Kimberly and across, as would the drive motors, starters etc. Can't see it being economical.
    Metallurgy is important, however many plants blend different ore types to get longevity from the crushing circuit. E.g. Thunderbox hauled clay ore from Kailis on the outskirts of Leonora and blended it with the abrasive basalt they were crushing, in an effort to get better life out of the crushers. Ball mill feed and design is part of what determines the grind size, which in turn must match the metallurgy and the tank residency design. If the mill doesn't grind small enough and/or the tank residency is too short the tailings will have gold in them which is not smart.

The mill is still sitting outside at Cardinia 364621E 6813317N and there are two half rings at 636124E 6816971N which look like the ring gear.
    Latest Google Earth imagery is Sept last year. It could have changed since then. There is a lot of other stuff on the big cleared area the ring gears are on, which is probably from Lawlers.

Whether a merger happens and on what terms is up to Delphi. He owns a large holding in both companies and we retail minions have little say in what happens. Monkton did not deliver on the hope he arrived with and then he took the easy path to keep cash coming in via Delphi as an anchor investor. I am thankful that Delphi did keep throwing cash at Kin as otherwise our shares would have been valueless. Having said that, Delphi was the holdout when SBM wanted to buy out Kin.

Kin looking for other projects does not inspire confidence in their assessment of Cardinias future.
    We will know on Tuesday and we will see what Mr Market thinks of it all. At current gold prices any company that get things happening fast has a chance of making shareholders very happy campers. Past history with Kin does not bode well.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KIN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.7¢
Change
0.001(1.79%)
Mkt cap ! $67.15M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.6¢ 5.7¢ 5.6¢ $16.9K 300K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 90000 5.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.8¢ 157294 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.53am 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KIN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.