CHN 4.41% $1.19 chalice mining limited

Based on their previous trading halts for this sort of...

1. 1,778 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 337
    Based on their previous trading halts for this sort of thing...MRE#2 from memory wasn't a trading halt and it wasn't a really huge upgrade..ie not a very material change. When MRE#3 came along, I was surprised they came out with a trading halt. But then in the trading halt announcement, they said it was "material" change, and low and behold, it was a humdinger...definitely material, so they justified the trading halt with a significant announcement.
    So now with this one, they have come out with a trading halt, after working diligently on this and not making any significant announcements for about 3-4 months. Do people really think they would come out with a trading halt if the company didn't believe it was material good news? Of course with higher grade statements, there are less tonnes. So I'm guessing they may come out with a few different resource statements in this announcement. X tonnes at the highest improvement in high grade,, More Y tonnes at a medium improvement in high grade and W highest tonnes at the lowest improvement in high grade. Either way there will be pros and cons in mining and processing for each scenario (costs/mine dilution/metal recoveries), based on what the feed grades are and what metal prices are today or at a future date. But overall, I'd expect the overall message to be that they believe they can build a profitable mining operation, even at the lowest metal prices which we saw about a month ago, with only upside to come as the metal prices rebound and as they receive more testwork data. Let's see what happens.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CHN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.19
Change
0.050(4.41%)
Mkt cap ! $451.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.14 $1.19 $1.12 $3.186M 2.764M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 6509 $1.19

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.19 18194 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.48pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.18
  Change
0.050 ( 4.69 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.15 $1.19 $1.12 761455
Last updated 15.09pm 06/05/2024 ?
CHN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.