ARL 6.11% 69.5¢ ardea resources limited

What a day yesterday! I was taking a rest day and was nowhere...

1. 1,904 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 381
    What a day yesterday! I was taking a rest day and was nowhere near my computer, but watched the action go down on my phone. Let's start with the trading.

After the first batch at 75 got obliterated, I watched it creep up to the resistance points and pause every time as if the buyer wanted to shake out more shares there. They were attempting to get orders to move down at .85 when the halt came in, I believe only a pittance of shares were available at .885 and then a small parcel at .90 after that. Clear skies into the dollar range if the halt had not come in and I believe if no-one moved down, the buyer would have continued up.

Very aggressive moves but kinda what we expected considering how tight the register is here. A small bit of foreshadowing to come for when instos are finally allowed to enter?

So we can speculate numerous reasons why this buyer seriously wanted in, but it's obviously positive. However, when paired with the halt notice from ARL mentioning "an update" we can also infer that the buyer either got info leaked or knew what we all knew that an announcement is imminent and figured the end of the month was close.

This makes the odds of a positive announcement very likely. There's still the broker scenario mentioned above which is interesting & the possibility this is one buyer who coincidentally lined up their aggressive buy with the announcement being pending...and then the announcement is an extension or something else. But what's more likely? This is the ASX after all....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
69.5¢
Change
0.040(6.11%)
Mkt cap ! $138.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
65.0¢ 69.5¢ 56.0¢ $363.8K 598.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 34342 63.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
69.5¢ 1399 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
67.5¢
  Change
0.040 ( 0.75 %)
Open High Low Volume
62.0¢ 67.5¢ 56.0¢ 183666
Last updated 15.47pm 03/05/2024 ?
ARL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.