WBE 4.76% 1.1¢ whitebark energy ltd

Okay, I'm going to have to amend and add some disappointing...

1. 947 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 146

Okay, I'm going to have to amend and add some disappointing details to what sounded like
    a supportive proof of concept for WBE to be looking for geothermal activity in the south east area of Queensland: the 'Brisbane Mud Springs'.

After researching these more, though they sound like typical geothermal hot mud springs as they bubble out mud and give off hydrogen sulphide gasses they don't appear to be caused by thermal activity at all.

From what I understand the springs there are caused by artesian water under pressure finding its way to the surface through a fissure which passes through a coal seam ( from which methane and hydrogen sulfide gases are liberated) and a layer of clay. This all erupts to the surface as a slurry of mud and liberated gases.

The Brisbane Mud Springs are also the same then as the mud springs/mounds in Eulo, Queenland.

Unfortunately neither are caused by thermal activity though, just artesian water under pressure finding a fissure to the surface.

That's a bit of a downer then for assessing WBE and their whole SE QLD geothermal thing

Last edited by subumbra: 12/06/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.1¢
Change
0.001(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $2.723M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.1¢ 1.1¢ 1.1¢ $8.137K 739.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 1532206 1.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 796114 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WBE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.