BRN 0.00% 20.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

I'd be surprised if by now, given the agreement is many years...

1. 1,241 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 523
    I'd be surprised if by now, given the agreement is many years old, that LDA is not completely free carried for the stock they show on the register. This is their profit as I see it.

Sometimes these agreements have clauses in them such as:

The seller (LDA) can not sell to the bid. I.e. not influence price and that they must sit on the offer and be taken out by a buyer. Another could be that they represent no more than a percentage of the overall volume traded in the stock over a day. This then minimises a lot of negative effects that can be felt with these types of financial instruments.

LDA is not your traditional capital raise firm. They will not have a massive balance sheet or a network of sophisticated supporters tht they dish out atock to or raise capital from to enable them to do any deals they contemplate.

In the establishment phase of any areement they would usually set an outline of the amount of capital to be raised under the agreement and charge an upfron fee payable in ordinary shares. if say it was $50m and the fee was 6% as is relatively standard in capital markets then they would recieve 6% of $50,000,000 which be $3,000,000 and if they were smart, which they generally are, then they would limit the intial capital calls to that amount so they are not at risk.

Over time when they have some confidence and a stronger relationship with the company they could increase the amount and the amount can be larger.

They could also request an advance of stock from the company to facilitate a larger raise and therefore not be at risk themselves.

Hope this helps.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $371.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 8444 22.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.5¢ 125000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.55pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.