FBR 2.22% 4.4¢ fbr ltd

i believe that was the original plan for many years, but the...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,362 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 938
    i believe that was the original plan for many years, but the brief romance with CAT killed that idea, and waas was born.

It is clear to me now that a deal with a builder would not have worked. Why? Ask yourself how many builders own concrete pump machines. I don't know of any. Why? Imagine - it would be a scheduling nightmare to ensure the machine is fully booked out every day of the year - they would have to stage the building work around the machine availability.

So a deal with a brick/block maker makes more sense - the builder tells the manufacturer when they want the bricks on site, as always, but now the walls get built too on delivery of the bricks. Brilliant. Can't think of a better way of doing things.

The big surprise for me is BKW. Yes they have a large % ownership, but I am not aware of any contracts. What would happen if the second biggest block manufacturer in Australia signs a deal like CRH's? BKW would be screwed. Can they block it? I doubt it unless they do a TO of FBR, which now seems unlikely.

Why didn't BKW do the deal? Perhaps too risk averse. Not until a manufacturer of hadrians has started making them. But we can't sign a deal to make them unless we have someone to buy them - so its chicken and egg again. All it needed is for BKW to place an order similar to CRH - but they are too chicken.

So, if Australia's biggest brick maker doesn't cut it then the only thing left to do is to go overseas.

Wienerberger is a possibility, but maybe they don't have a market in one region as big as CRH? I Don't know, but it is also a surprise that they didn't jump in, especially considering we did a test build with their blocks.
    Last edited by Giobria: 02/08/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FBR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.4¢
Change
-0.001(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $212.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.5¢ 4.5¢ 4.3¢ $154.6K 3.494M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 201883 4.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.5¢ 1107791 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FBR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.