A2M 8.89% $6.25 the a2 milk company limited

The latest ABS consumption data only go up to June 2023. It's...

1. 4,272 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1837
    The latest ABS consumption data only go up to June 2023. It's also an 'experimental estimate' so no clue how reliable it is.

But since you raised it, their estimates show that the average consumption of infant formula in Aus households was 43% lower in June 2023 that it was pre COVID. I guess that is even without factoring in declines in daigou sales as well, because daigou-bought IF would never have been consumed in Aus households, and household consumption surveys are part of the methodology.

The 39% drop you keep mentioning is resellers AND retail combined. Most of that decline is due to the new channel strategy which replacws daigou resellers with a more direct route to market through cross border e-commerce, CBEC, which is reported separately. So a large part of that drop is mirrored by a corresponding increase in CBEC sales.

I'm not interested in the resellers though, I'm talking about retail part specifically. Your ABS stats confirm the Aus household market has shrunk massively, so thanks for pointing me in that direction. By the way, I said to begin with that it's possible a lot of the decline in ANZ was due to the overall market shrinking, and that should be considered instead of just blindly assuming they have lost market share in supermarkets. I wasn't sure and thats why i wanted figures to test tge assumption. In a roundabout way you've provided that so cheers I guess.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.