ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 5,420 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 298
    I’m not sure why, but I feel partially responsible for the digression of this thread. Apologies if I did in fact lead us down this no through road.

Your comment about HotCopper and investing in sdi via the sdi thread had me scratching my head though...
    May I ask how anyone ever finds any company?

I ‘found’ and bought shares in amazon because I lived in the Uk 10 years ago and found it to be revolutionary. (At a whim I might realise i need a screwdriver and via my phone, I’ve purchased one and it’s delivered to my door within 2 days). At the time I didn’t have a grip of financial statements (my understanding is still limited to be honest) but I thought that market efficiency should allow me to buy the shares at a fairish price at the time and I should do well considering the asymmetric upside which I saw in the company.

I found reh, because I’d used their service on several occasions and then a serendipitous post by (I think) @thunderhead1 had asked for your opinion about Rcg group. You’re response from memory was brief but sensible, which then led me to the infamous reh moat thread which pointed out a lot of the attributes reh holds. I then read through every announcement and forecast over the last 5 years or so, and looked through several annual reports and decided that popping a little bit of my spare cash into reh shares hopefully isn’t the most foolish thing one could do.

I found and bought shares in Sayona (ASX:sya) because I read an article on seeking alpha, which led me to investigate peer comparisons in the lithium space (which I already had done a lot of reading about, and owned several). I bought shares in asn.ax because @binwood had highlighted some information that the market may not have understood fully.

I found sgh due to their constant fall on the asx200 on the smh markets page, and my naivety at believing management guidance on this downslope resulted in me owning shares for a brief period. Although costly - this was one of my best lessons so far.

I found sdi because @madamswer had articulated some interesting phenomena about the company which again led me to peruse several annual reports and decide that I thought the risk reward was in my favour. Madam, yourself and marsc et al have also articulated positive commentary about 20+ other companies that I don’t share ownership in.

I ‘find’ companies through my InvestSMART membership, my afr subscription, and through friends and family.

I think it’s unfair to cast dispersions on myself or this thread because of the method one stumbled upon a particular company.

I appreciate your thoughtful posts on multiple threads, as a co owner and not, but I just thought this one was a little pointed, and unfairly confrontational.

I too wish you the best!

Ps my main motivation in writing this post is to hopefully diffuse any misunderstanding (real or not), and cop the flak, in the unlikely hope that one day you, madam, jimmy, mars, eternal, et al decide to meet up and from a lic into which I might be able to invest into...!

Cheers
    Last edited by Just_a_guy: 10/01/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
93.0¢
Change
0.005(0.54%)
Mkt cap ! $110.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
92.0¢ 93.0¢ 92.0¢ $98.13K 105.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 6436 91.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
97.0¢ 6203 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SDI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.