SIG 1.97% $1.30 sigma healthcare limited

Thanks for your reply. If manufacturers can reliably cut out the...

1. 3,717 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1083
    Thanks for your reply.
    If manufacturers can reliably cut out the middle men (wholesalers) then clearly, costs will decrease. I speak manufacturers and wholesaler. You talk suppliers and wholesalers. Not sure if we mean the same.

There are already online pharmas who take prescriptions and issue to the patient/consumer. Modern trends/acceptance of electronic activity will only see this becoming more of the norm and I think that it is only a matter of time before doctors send a prescription directly to a pharmacist of the patient's choice. They already fax to a pharmacist and so all that is needed for a fully automated service is a secure method of data exchange and control mechanisms that satisfy the health authorities. Hence, Amazon have to be better (cheaper) at this to win. Physical centres will still be needed for acute prescriptions and this is not uncommon. I do not have figures for the ratio of prescriptions for chronic conditions vs acute cases but it is the chronic cases that will accommodate online prescriptions with delayed delivery, whereas for acute cases, the patient normally wants the treatment immediately.

Agreed that offline pharmacy stores rely heavily on cosmetics and other non-drug sales. Prescription sales are heavily regulated. It has been this way for decades and API is currently enhancing this side of their business.

EBOS is very much into warehouse automation and it is probably this that has allowed them to undercut SIG, steal their contract and still maintain profitability.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SIG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.