MYR 1.27% 80.0¢ myer holdings limited

MYR has a more diversified sales base than NCK, and when I last...

1. 10,523 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1389
    MYR has a more diversified sales base than NCK, and when I last checked this morning the latter's shares had marginally risen, but it's not an inspiring result for Nick Scali furniture, and perhaps a harbinger of something similar MYR may announce despite MYR's arguably strong online presence:

(from 'The Australian'):

"Furniture chain Nick Scali has posted a 17.4 per cent dive in its first-half profit to $33.5m as continued supply chain disruptions, elevated freight costs and a slump in store traffic caused by the Omicron outbreak crunched its sales and earnings for the period.

It will see investors pocket a smaller interim dividend as earnings retreat.

The company is the first major national retailer to unveil its results as the reporting season kicks off and it is carrying the bruises of the chaos and havoc from a third year of Covid-19.

Nick Scali suffering from supply delays, the shut down of its factories in Vietnam for three months, shoppers staying away from shopping centres and problems around shipping costs and the availability of shipping containers.

The retailer, which also last year bought furniture chain Plush, said revenue for the December half rose 5.4 per cent to $180.32m..."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
80.0¢
Change
0.010(1.27%)
Mkt cap ! $665.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
79.0¢ 81.0¢ 79.0¢ $2.299M 2.872M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10060 79.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
80.0¢ 37136 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.