ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Right- new poster but everyone here is missing a couple of key points around RedBubble:

Yes sales are down (though underlying once you strip out masks is pretty close to breakeven). But this isn't a stock specific thing. Everyone in this sector is having a rough time due to a combination of a couple of things):
    1. Really tough comparables. RBL had a real covid boom, which gave 12-18 months of really great growth. So they're up against some really tough YoY numbers (hence quoting the 2 year numbers which show decent growth still).
    2. Apple's privacy changes- have had a sizeable effect on ability to cost effectively advertise, especially to high spending demographics with iPhones. Lots of businesses in the sector affected by this too
    3. General economic weakness- again lots of pressure on discretionary spend, and t-shirts and stickers are the first thing to get squeezed here.

But- you need to take a view on to what extent these changes are transitory, and whether RedBubble is in a good position to weather them. My thoughts are:

1. RBL very well diversified internationally
    2. Use of multiple fulfillers to make the end product gives them ability to squeeze/minimize increase in input costs
    3. Huge number of artists/artwork on the marketplace is very hard to compete against
    4. I also note that today they've announced an impending 10% accross the board price increase which should help them maintain margins

Then to get to valuation.

1. $90m of cash on the balance sheet at what is around the seasonal low
    2. Market cap of $313m, or $223m if you strip out cash. So trading at perhaps 0.5x revenue. A ridiculous number compared to Etsy, Wayfair etc
    3. I expect profitability to bounce back as we come up to Christmas this year (remember this is a very seasonal business, so a lot of profit generated over calendar quarter 4)

The stock is currently priced as if it will never grow again. I expect it to rerate when either:
    1.) Year on year growth returns
    2.) Acquisition talks start, or company explores listing on a US exchange. The loyalty to the ASX while commendable is really holding back the valuation of this business.

My target price here is $4.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
39.5¢
Change
0.005(1.28%)
Mkt cap ! $113.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
39.0¢ 40.0¢ 38.5¢ $96.36K 243.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5214 38.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
39.5¢ 12024 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ATG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.