DSK 1.38% $1.10 dusk group limited

Retail offering great value for those with a timeframe longer...

1. 124 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 57
    Retail offering great value for those with a timeframe longer than 6-12 months.
    The market being forward looking will price the change in - e.g. NCK bottomed within a couple of weeks of Lehman collapse despite what happened (and length) thereafter.
    DSK hit by negative operating leverage in a negative part of the cycle - i.e. <10% drop in sales yet >50% drop in profit. Throw in HoH seasonality to confuse the punters into claiming loss-making or a fad.
    Bears will point to the SP and call value-trap as they comp to FY21 which they called abnormal at the time (but not pre-covid FY20,19,18,etc).
    For example FY20 did $9m profit from 110 stores in a normal rate environment - with steady growth in the right areas.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5354/5354681-409a3167a9a1e276bc367522e4ce9897.jpg
    Now DSK have grown store count to 145 stores (+35% on pre-covid) with more to come - do the maths on what normalised earnings could look like - then compare to the price of $62m MC or ~$40m EV (adjusted for HY divi + tax + $2m loss).
    Sentiment always turns. The bears have the glory for now but the SP follows the EPS LT.

Lots of other retail gems to be had too IMO - maybe one last flush of negativity to come in the next couple of months (JBH,HVN,LOV with their own warnings?) - then it's pin your ears back (I am hoping so to DCA more).
    Each to their own strategy - I have seen some people try FA but are really TA guys (they're easy to spot) - make sure you know who you are.
    GLTA.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DSK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.