SGR 0.97% 52.0¢ the star entertainment group limited

Ann: Trading Update, page-23

1. 52 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 88
    You could be right on the fine but such a fine would represent >50% of the current market capitalisation of the company. A fine of this level while possible would be unprecedented.

In any case have you checked the balance sheet to see how much they have provided for this already? Have you checked the market capitalisation to see what discount we’re currently trading at to that book value? Has the market not already priced in such a fine?

Given the presence of real assets on the balance sheet I can’t follow your logic on the potential for bankruptcy. So the government, who would be the creditor in this instance, would force The Star into bankruptcy, in spite of evidence of genuine financial hardship, in order to satisfy repayment of their one-off fine. Thereby foregoing their annual corporate tax and gaming levies. Even with subdued trading The Star paid $210m ($243m pcp) in gaming levies alone in the first 6 months of this financial year.

If you’re being disingenuous and just saying a the 'bankruptcy' word in the hopes of unsettling a few of us mom & pop investors then surely there’s better ways to make a buck mate. If you stand over what you say I’d be interested to hear your logic?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
52.0¢
Change
0.005(0.97%)
Mkt cap ! $1.491B
Open High Low Value Volume
52.5¢ 53.5¢ 52.0¢ $2.593M 4.941M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 252749 52.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
52.5¢ 32743 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SGR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.