NTL 0.00% 2.0¢ new talisman gold mines limited

"15/4/2016 — Gold Traffic plan approved for NTL The Hauraki...

1. 16,676 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2603
    "15/4/2016 — Gold
    Traffic plan approved for NTL

The Hauraki District Council has told New Talisman Gold Mines Ltd (NZX & ASXL NTL) that its traffic management plan has been approved in principle.

This is one of the progressive steps being sought by New Talisman for commercial re-development of the Talisman gold mine at Karangahake.

NTL chief executive Matthew Hill said that back in May 2014 a valid traffic management plan was approved for trucks to move trial ore along a mine road. About 100 tonnes of ore was sent to what was then Newmont’s Waihi gold plant, subsequently taken over by OceanaGold Corporation.

Subsequently, a review by the Hauraki District Council saw a new application for traffic use and there was an independent road user survey that showed volumes of vehicular and non-vehicular use was low and that vehicle movements contemplated by NTL would have an insignificant effect on the efficiency and safety of roads.

Hill said NTL has been working closely with the planning and roading teams at the council.

He said NTL has been working with the Department of Conservation on designing of a walking track as an alternative route for trampers and pedestrians to have ongoing access to the area – with the exception of the Talisman mine portal.

Companies mentioned in article
    New Talisman Gold Mines Ltd
    OceanaGold Corporation"

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...08458 &cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au&client=safari

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NTL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.