1AI 0.00% 0.7¢ algorae pharmaceuticals limited

Ann: Treatment completed for all patients in Parkinsons trial, page-56

1. 2,333 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 308
    Question for the many knoledgable medical people on this forum. When it says LCT are "blinded" to the results until the 6 months is up what does that mean exactly?
    Is it that just they are not told who has the placebo and who was actually treated?.

Are LCT given access to the actual patient scans or are they literally shielded from any results.

If LCT do get to see the scans they would certainly be able to see how the single dose patients are progressing relative to the original 4 patients. The first set of 6 patients received the single dosage on both sides of the brain quite some time ago now. With the phase 1 clinical trial the impact was significant within the first 4 months. So if outcomes were repeated it would already be obvious

re LCT allowed to talk to patients to ask them how they are feeling notice any improvements, measure progress etc.

Also I wonder why as they have split into three groups, ie single, double and triple dosages why they are LCT prevented from reporting on the first phase , and then the second etc. Why have to wait until 6 months after third phase?. What a waste for example if it were already actually obvious from group 1 and 2 that going to a group 3 treatment was not the best treatment i.e. better fine tune to target midway between single and double in lieu of triple dosage. That decision could have been made if they had access to results etc.

Anyone have insights into these please.? No doubt down to trial design rules but it doesn't make s sense to me

Thanks

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 1AI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $11.81M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 4190119 0.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.8¢ 1071688 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.21pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
1AI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.