TKM 6.25% 3.0¢ trek metals limited

Ann: Trek to drill compelling IOCG target with Farm-in, page-37

1. 428 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 711
    I think everyone needs to relax here, Marshall has been in the top job for literally a little over 6 months and it is his first time as CEO. Give him a break, he has just passed the probationary period! Trust me, he is the right person for the job, give him time to prove himself. There are not too many people who I would entrust to manage my capital on the asx. They are an ethical but experienced team. They aren’t a lifestyle company, they are focused on managing cash efficiently and are determined to make a major discovery. Everyone wants Instant gratification and rapid share price appreciation now days because they see lithium companies going gang busters and are enthralled by the rapid share price rise. Don’t forget a rising tide lifts all boats. They come down just as quick as they went up. It amazes me to see how impatient people are these days but it works in my favour because those type of people typically divest when they shouldn’t be I.e in the most recent share price slump for Trek, once again thanks for the cheap shares.

I laugh reading the commentary around people wanting this co to turn its attention/focus on lithium because it is the hot commodity at present time. It is clear, they are more focused on base metals (Nickel, Zinc and copper in particular). Hence the company’s recent acquisition from Buxton resources. A respected holder I follow has an investment in Buxton resources so their tenements are worthy of an inspection, I think we received a pretty good deal. Did anyone seriously buy their position because of the lithium ‘potential’…I’d be surprised given that there has been no mention of it to date by management. If anyone wants to sell out because management are not focusing on lithium, I’ll buy your shares for 6 cents.

In fact, there are simply a lot better lithium players out there and the market is starting to get saturated with junior lithium explorers (Every salesman out their is spruiking their lithium deposit or their most recently acquired tenement). Have you seen some of the market caps being flouted by junior explorers who have found high grade rock chip samples.. it is seriously laughable and it is a dangerous space at the moment to play in especially if you are a novice investor.

Lithium from high grade brines or high grade hard rock spodumene is where the money is being made, as this is where battery grade lithium is being sourced from. Unless it is battery grade, you aren’t realising the high lithium price. How many times have you heard the large/major lithium players in search for lepidolite lithium tenements or even talk about it? None, exactly because these deposits are typically uneconomical. You don’t find the level of thick lithium intercepts as you do in spodumene and Hence why Marshall has said that unless it is spodumene in Aus, it is a waste of time (100% correct). Cheers, CP.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TKM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.