PRX 0.00% 0.2¢ prodigy gold nl

Vendor, not every one day trades. Many prefer long term exposure...

1. 14,234 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4119
    Vendor, not every one day trades. Many prefer long term exposure to various sectors. For those of us the want some gold exposure, better to be in a stock where you have seen relatively much smaller losses and where you have much more value left for the rebound we expect to see for the sector.

KGL had a great asset in Andash but couldn't overcome the political risk. Most I have been in previously (in fact all from memory) always overcame this problem but its not guaranteed- that's why its called risk.
    OGX? I mentioned it a couple of times on the back of spec potential but got out after a brief holding period and posted why on that thread.
    SLR has suffered along with all producers thanks to the manipulation of the POG and the leverage of those companies to the POG. On the SLR thread I have mentioned often enough that its predominantly a trading stock for me because of that leverage.
    ABU is down but not nearly as badly and very near term forecast cash flow should see this trade well above last years prices soon enough.
    If I had a plumbing business that was making strong margins in the worst housing market in decades would I sell that business at a depressed price because buyers are too scared of the sector despite my profits showing the business is worth much more, or would I be better off holding and reaping the strong profits which would be much more valuable than the sale price if I sold? When the sector comes good the sale price will command a premium thanks to its profit performance during the hard times. That's the way I see ABU and unless something fundamentally changes as it did for KGL that's the way I will continue to see it. I'm sure you can find problems with the analogy but I'm sure most will get my point.
    I understand your point as well that you can sell high and buy lower but not everyone trades all their holdings short term and few traders do so easily or successfully.

Petey the biggest problem I see with TAM is that it has mining for years but as I understand it, its been losing money for years and coming back to shareholders on a regular basis to raise large sums of money to cover those losses -even when POG was at its highs. I don't follow it closely but that certainly would make it a poor comparison to ABU which should see strong margins with these very high grade veins from surface, simple processing, high recoveries etc, and has made every effort to avoid further dilution- and is doing so very successfully.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PRX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $4.235M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.2¢ 0.2¢ $500 250K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
23 80023422 0.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.2¢ 6017920 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.02am 01/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PRX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.