TLG 3.25% 39.8¢ talga group ltd

A little light in the darkness.If this is the case as it says,...

1. 846 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 439
    A little light in the darkness.
    If this is the case as it says, then LKAB has left the Triumvirate for completely different reasons. Clear can only be a nebula. Perhaps there is no justification because it is not LKAB that is offended, but Talga. And Mitsui didn't want to throw the whole party alone.
    But there may also be some truth to it. The investments that LKAB has unleashed are exceedingly huge for them. Talga would be on top of that. Maybe they didn't want such a big slice of the cake because they couldn't afford it. But it was that or nothing. They entered into it knowingly. Perhaps they did not reckon with the magnitude of their task and commitment.
    Could be nonsense, of course. I'm surprised that I have to fish this or any other reason out of the Swedish press.

A much used argument here is that LKAB wanted a too big piece. This is totally contradicted by this statement:

"Talga and Mitsui Europe move on without LKAB
    KIRUNA LKAB is leaving the partnership with Talga and Mitsui Europe for the graphite mining operation in Vittangi.
    A year ago, the three companies signed a letter of intent to jointly develop graphite mining in Vittangi and the production of battery anodes in Luleå. The letter of intent has now expired and LKAB has decided not to extend the cooperation. Australian company Talga and Japanese company Mitsui Europe will continue the cooperation, Talga writes in a press release.

LKAB justifies the withdrawal by saying that it wants to prioritise other projects in which it is involved, and refers to the major investments it has underway in-house.
    - At the moment, this is not a priority for us. We have many different projects that we choose to focus on. It is a very exciting project but not for us right now, says David Högnelid, marketing and communications manager for the special products business area at LKAB, to Norr Media."

https://affarerinorr.se/nyheter/2021/december/talga-och-mitsui-europe-gaar-vidare-utan-lkab/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.