TLG 1.10% 45.0¢ talga group ltd

Ann: Tripartite LOI Update, page-51

1. 410 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 697
    First, I'm not certain that LKAB is out. Sometimes these breaks are just a negotiating tactic where one or both parties demonstrate they would rather walk than accept the terms on the table. They may still re-open negotiations at some point in the future if one side decides to bend.

Assuming LKAB is out, I'm less concerned with the permits than the loss of the mining expertise. Talga doesn't need a mining partner per se, but it will be a lot easier to make it into production on time with the resources and experience of an established mining company. With Kiruna located so close to Vittangi, there are clear synergies with LKAB that would help with both the initial buildout and scaling the mine thereafter.

The best potential replacement is Boliden from a mining expertise standpoint. They're well established in Sweden (going back decades) and bring all the same synergies as LKAB (only without the political connections). I have heard nothing from Talga regarding Boliden and have no idea whether MT would be interested in pursuing a partnership.

Alternatively Talga could handle the mining on their own. They have recently hired a mining engineer, and they formed a partnership with ABB in September to handle electric mining equipment. That's been enough for the European Commission to endorse Talga's commitment to the E.U.'s Principles for Sustainable Raw Materials. This approach puts a lot of pressure on Talga to deliver on the mine buildout (new mines can face delays during the buildout if unanticipated problems arise), but it would mean less dilution for shareholders and commensurate higher returns in the long-run.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
45.0¢
Change
-0.005(1.10%)
Mkt cap ! $195.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
44.0¢ 46.5¢ 44.0¢ $75.55K 166.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 20922 45.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
46.0¢ 29822 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.40am 11/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.